HP DeskJet 1000 Specifications and Features
The HP Deskjet 1000 is a simple printer for basic tasks such as printing documents. Though you can use it to print photos, you can’t expect more from this device to do heavy duty and produce higher quality image. It cannot print to DVDs or heavy card or art papers. However, we can’t say that this printer perform badly. In fact, this is one of the cheapest printers available that might suits your needs and therefore represents great value for money.
The Deskjet 1000 uses two ink cartridges: color and black. For the print speed, it is measured 16 ppm in Black and 12 ppm in Color. You can have the best print quality in color up to 4800 x 1200 dpi, while in black you can have up to 600 dpi. You can work in some media types such as: Paper (brochure, inkjet, plain), photo paper, envelopes, labels, cards (greeting), and transparencies. And the sizes supported are: A4; B5; A5; A6; and DL envelope This printer is compatible with Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows® XP (SP2)* or higher (32-bit only); and Mac OS X v 10.5 or v 10.6.
Dimension: 421 x 380 x 266 mm (rear tray up, output tray down, not extended), 420 x 211 x 122 mm (storage position)
Weight: 2 kg
HP DeskJet 1000 manual is divided into sections as follows:
- Getting Started; This section covers: Packing List, Printer Parts, and Setting up the Printer.
- Getting the Most Out of Your Printer; Included in this section discussion on: Changing Print Settings, Using the DJ1000C Toolbox, and Printing Instructions.
- Solving Problem; This section the troubleshooting guide which covers: Problem Solving Guidelines, When the Printer Does Not Print, When the Lights Blink, When Paper is Jammed in the Printer, Media does not Feed, Through the Printer Correctly, When the Print Quality Is Not Satisfactory, When the Ink Nozzles are Clogged, Testing the Printer.
- Appendices; Included in this section information of Customer Support Contact, Printer Specifications, Regulatory Notices, Declaration of Conformity and Hewlett-Packard Limited Warranty Statement.
Setting Up HP DeskJet 1000
There are 7 steps to setup your HP DeskJet 1000:
- Installing the Tray
- Connecting the Power Cable
- Connecting the Parallel Cable
- Installing the Print Cartridges
- Loading Paper
- Installing the Printer Software
- Align Cartridge and Printer Test
HP DeskJet 1000 Printer Troubleshooting Procedures
You can find problem solving guidelines in these sources: Online Help, User’s Guide, Starter CD. For example:
The printer does not respond at all to the print command
- The printer is not properly connected to the power source. Make sure the printer’s power cord is firmly plugged into the printer and into the wall outlet.
- The printer is not properly connected to the computer. Make sure the parallel cable is firmly connected to the parallel port of the computer and the printer.
- You may be using a wrong parallel cable or the cable may be defective. Use an IEEE 1284 compliant parallel cable (HP part no. C2950A or C2951A).
- Your printer is not selected as the default or current printer. Select your printer using the Printer Setup menu in your software program.
- Alternatively, select your printer from Printers in the Control Panel.
- You are using a data switch box and did not turn the dial to the correct port designated. (You are advised to connect your printer directly to your computer.)
Download HP DeskJet 1000 Manual and User Guide
Get support and download the HP DeskJet 1000 Manual and User Guide here from hp.com (free download 1.45 MB PDF file type documents, 40 pages English Version manual).
- HP Deskjet 1000 Install,hp deskjet 1000 installation instructions,hp deskjet 1000 installation,hp deskjet 1000 troubleshooting,hp deskjet 1000 manual,