The Bajaj Chetak was a popular Indian-made motor scooter produced by the Bajaj Auto company. Originally based on the Italian Vespa, the Chetak was the only choice for millions of Indian families as an affordable way of transport for decades.
Please read this Bajaj Chetak Owner’s Manual before riding to familiarize yourself with the mechanism and controls of the vehicle. To ensure a long, trouble free life of your vehicle, give it proper care and maintenance as described in this manual. It is important to regularly inspect and maintain your scooter for safe and optimum performance. Regular inspection and service is required to maintain your warranty.
This Owner’s Manual is divided into sections as follows:
Location of Controls and Components
Periodic Maintenance Chart
The maintenance and service recommendation includes following activities:
- Check and correct tire pressure.
- Flush and refill engine oil.
- Check & clean oil strainer.
- Check & adjust valve clearance.
- Clean & adjust spark plug gap.
- Check and tighten nuts for front/rear shock absorber bolts, engine foundation bolts, handle bar lock bolt and front/rear wheel nuts.
- Check & adjust all control cables.
- Carry out lubrication as per lubrication chart.
- Check front/rear brakes for effective operation.
- Check all lights, horn and switch operations for satisfactory working.
- Air filter element to be cleaned, if frequently used in dusty area.
- Clean the vehicle before delivery.
- Check battery electrolyte level, top up if necessary & apply petroleum jelly on terminals.
- Test drive the vehicle before delivery.
Find more information about Bajaj Chetak Owner’s Manual and Maintenance Recommendation here – free download PDF file from http://www.carlsalter.com